Sadly, no Canadian ads made YouTube’s Canada Ads Leaderboard in November (and after such a promising showing in October too). Instead, we saw the continued rise of Call of Duty and a slew of celebrities. David Bowie and Arizona Muse’s Louis Vuitton spectacle was the most-watched ad on YouTube in Canada last month. A number of sports stars make fun of themselves in Foot Locker’s latest, and celebs Tom Hiddleston and Grumpy Cat pop up too.
Only two spots really focused on Christmas explicitly– Kmart’s “Show Your Joe” and John Lewis’ animated spot from the U.K. – so we’ll have to see December’s top 10 before making any declarations about consumers’ hunger (or fatigue) for holiday shopping.
1. L’Invitation au Voyage – Venice Film from Louis Vuitton with David Bowie and Arizona Muse
2. Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Live-Action Trailer – “Epic Night Out”
3. Show Your Joe
Kmart and DraftFCB
Published Nov. 15 by Kmart
4. Need For Speed: Ken Block’s Gymkhana Six — Ultimate Gymkhana Grid Course
Need For Speed and Logan
Published Nov. 11 by NeedForSpeed
5. Google Search: Reunion
Google and Ogilvy India
Published Nov. 13 by Google India
6. One Coin for All of Your Cards
Published Nov. 14 by Coin
7. Foot Locker’s Week Of Greatness 2013: All Is Right
Footlocker and BBDO
Published Nov. 19 by Foot Locker
8. Who’s Better: Thor or Loki?
Published Nov. 4 by Comedy Central
9. John Lewis Christmas Advert 2013 – The Bear & The Hare
10. Grumpy Cat Finds Her Disney Side | Grumpy & Grumpy Cat | Disney Parks
Published Nov. 5 by Disney Parks
* Published “views” reflect global views for the month of November. The overall ranking indicates which ads were most-watched within Canada. While YouTube does not make Canadian viewer statistics available, it determines its ranking with a process that accounts for paid and organic views and how much of a given video viewers watch.