This year’s Media Innovations Awards jury is a mix of media, agency and marketing pros with Cathy Collier, OMD Canada’s CEO, and Angela Scardillo, Best Buy Canada’s vice-president of marketing, at the helm as co-chairs.
“Our co-chairs have done an amazing job at gathering some of the industry’s most influential heavy hitters,” said Lucy Collin, publisher of Marketing. “As always, we try to get a good mix of participants representing various business sectors, and I think our jury this year delivers that.
“We also hope to have them all back in December when Marketing will host an Understanding Media Innovation Symposium where they can share the why behind the winning submissions and what it takes to win.”
“The decisions of the MIA jury are always deeply impactful on Canada’s media industry,” said Marketing editor-in-chief Tom Gierasimczuk. “The winning work is referenced and dissected by marketers coast-to-coast for the next year as an inspiration for successfully connecting with and engaging the Canadian consumer.”
The members of the jury are:
• Alan Dark, executive director, CBC Revenue Group
• Andrew Barrett, VP Marketing, Samsung
• Anne Myers, group president, Mediavest
• Christopher Walton, senior broadcast negotiator, Media Experts
• Errol Da-Re, SVP Sales, Shaw
• Jake Norman, president and chief strategy officer, Mindshare
• Jef Combdon, media director, Target Marketing and Communications
• Jeff Marshall, VP Marketing, Scotiabank
• Mary Kreuk, vice-president, Bell Media
• Michèle Savard, vice-president, strategic planning, Carat
• Michelle La Barre, VP, Astral Mix
• Rebecca Shropshire, VP, director of digital communications, UM
• Subtej Nijjar, president, CP+B
The awards program, which recognizes excellence and innovation in the media industry, is now in its 13th year. The MIAs will take place on Nov. 15 at the Liberty Grand in Toronto.
The deadline for entries is Aug. 30. To enter, click here.