We are raising our online game to serve you – our readers and advertisers – better.
Marketing has the leading magazine on the business of marketing. We have digital newsletters that are the industry’s best source of daily news, with editions that specialize in PR, media, digital ad commerce (AD-Vantage), video (MarketingTV) as well as career news and job postings (JobZone).
But now we’ve flipped the switch on our new site and are in beta mode, so we want to hear from you. Please share your feedback as we make our site the best it can be.
First thing you’ll notice is the site is a lot more visually engaging. Second, in advancing with the best practices for user experience on any screen, the site design is responsive.
The Marketing brand has produced a staggering amount of content since 1908 and a lot of that is online. We have migrated those archives over to the new site but you will find the formatting and images will drop off once you scroll back a while.
Another thing you will notice is a new approach to navigation, as we bucketed the key subject areas of interest to our core readers:
• Brands: Our primary target audience is the senior marketers and this is where you’ll read stories about brand strategy, budgets and tactics for social media, PR and content marketing
• Advertising: Read about agency life, ad campaigns, creativity and awards
• Consumer: Here you’ll find the latest news and consumer insights, retail strategy, customer data and analytics, and innovations on retail-related technology
• Media: The media area is for our coverage on traditional publishers and broadcasters, as well as digital/social media platforms and brands and their strategies to attract advertising dollars
• AD-Vantage: The old-fashioned insertion order for ad sales is going the way of the dodo bird. AD-Vantage is our channel for dynamic coverage of programmatic strategies, ad technology, exchanges, targeting, audience intelligence and data management
• MarketingTV: You will find our player right on the home page and we have packaged our content into separate channels – such as Ads You Must See or our Marketing for Change series on CMO strategy – for easier access.
There are more major online changes to come soon, including a separate section for all our print magazine content. We’re excited to be offering all this valuable content, which many of our digital readers haven’t been able to see.
The magazine content will be available to all online readers initially and then be locked down for subscribers access only.
But never fear, we made sure there is a Subscribe button on the new site. Just $67 will not only see you get Marketing magazine delivered to your door packed with insights, features and special supplements and pull-outs (such as the coveted Agency Family Tree), but ensure you never miss another industry-leading piece of news or insight online.
Happy clicking and do let us know what you think.