For the first time since Marketing began tracking YouTube’s most-watched ads in Canada five months ago, French-language commericals have made the list. Three of them.
French ads for SAAQ, Michelin and Sears ranked fourth, ninth and tenth, respectively, in the month of October.
Sony‘s Playstation 4 television ad found the top spot on the list, unsurprising given how heavily it’s been in the pre-roll rotation over the month. It falls amid other videogames spots for Battlefield 4, which scored two spots on the list in the third- and sixth-place slots.
The highest ranked Canadian-made spot was Zulu Alpha Kilo‘s “Shawn Warford’s Moment Zero” for Coke Zero. It garnered 746,905 views and the second-place ranking despite being uploaded late in the month.
1. Official PlayStation 4 Perfect Day Commercial
Sony, BBH and Carat
Published Oct. 14 by PlayStation
2. Shawn Warford’s Moment Zero
Coca-cola, Zulu Alpha Kilo and UM Canada
Published Oct. 22 by CokeZeroCanada
3. Only In Battlefield 4: Accolades TV Trailer
Electronic Arts and Wieden + Kennedy
Published Oct. 25 by Battlefield
4. Au volant, on ne texte pas.
SAAQ, LG2 and Cossette
Published Oct. 7 by saaq
5. GoPro: Lion Hug
GoPro and 3Q Digital
Published Oct. 2 by GoPro
6. Only In Battlefield 4: Fiery Ambush
Electronic Arts, Wieden + Kennedy and Draftfcb
Published Oct. 2 by Battlefield
7. #FlipHenry – Thierry Henry Flipbook
MLS and KickTV
Published Oct. 24 by KICKTV
8. Furby Boom Hatch a Furbling Commercial 2013
Hasbro, Zenith Optimedia and Initiative
Published Oct. 1 by FurbyOfficial
9. Michelin Canada — Pneu MICHELIN — Annonce TV Automne 2013
Michelin, TBWA and Mediacom
Published Oct. 3 by Michelin Canada
10. Sears Canada – Parkas et vêtements d’extérieur
Sears, Unitas and Vizeum
Published Oct. 7 by Sears Canada
* Published “views to date” reflect global views. While this ranking order indicates which ads were most watched within Canada, YouTube does not make Canadian viewer statistics available. It determines its ranking with a process that accounts for paid and organic views and how much of a given video viewers watch.