Cannes names six Canadian judges
February 22, 2013 | Jeromy Lloyd | Comments
Six Canadians have been named to juries at the 2013 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
• Judy John, CEO and CCO, Leo Burnett – Film jury
• Nellie Kim, creative director, John St. – Cyber jury
• Trish Wheaton, global CMO and chairperson, Wunderman – Direct jury
• Karen Howe, senior vice-president and creative director, One – Promo & Activation jury
• Jean-Francois Bernier, president, Alfred – Radio jury
• Lara Palmer, creative director, Lara Palmer Advertising Creative – Design jury
The jurists were selected by the festival from a list provided by The Globe and Mail, Cannes’ Canadian partner.
“It’s an incredible honour for these talented individuals to have been selected to sit on one of the 15 Cannes Lions category juries,” said Andrew Saunders, vice-president of advertising sales at the Globe, in a statement. “It’s a testament to their commitment to excellence and their devotion to redefining innovative communications in all its forms.”
This year’s event (the 60th iteration of the week-long ad festival) takes place June 16 – 22.