Get ready for Marketing’s new daily and weekly newsletters
August 19, 2013 | David Thomas | Comments
A message from David Thomas, editor-in-chief of Marketing
The Marketing AM & PM newsletters are already essential reading for anyone who wants to know what’s going on in the marketing industry – and why. They provide a popular, twice-daily fix of breaking news, insight and analysis. And now, as part of our ongoing mission to make Marketing an even more indispensible and valuable resource, they are about to get even better!
In the coming weeks, we will be rolling out a fresh suite of redesigned newsletters that will give readers a more comprehensive morning briefing PLUS a series of specialized afternoon newsletters that tackle specific sectors or story formats, including a weekly all-video MarketingTV issue.
We know readers love the newsletter service (there are more than 15,000 current subscribers and the emails have enjoyed an eye-popping open rate of more than 90%).
• So, expect the same free, twice-daily rotation to continue — but with a revised, rebranded line-up and a redesigned, responsive format that delivers a better visual display on all devices.
• The new suite of newsletters will offer advertisers the opportunity to target the same broad reach of Marketing readership but with more precision around the subject of the content.
• Please note that all newsletters will be delivered to all current newsletter subscribers. We suspect every reader will want it all, but we will offer the option to sign up for only the content you wish to receive.
Highlights of the new rotation of Marketing newsletters
Weekday morning. We introduce the Marketing Morning Filter — a better briefing, delivered each morning with more news, more analysis and opinion pieces. The Morning Filter will also include “Around the Web in 60 Seconds,” a round-up of essential, curated content to get you up-to-date on what’s happening in U.S. and global marketing news. Look for the Marketing Morning Filter, coming very soon.
Afternoon editions. Each afternoon, we will offer a different newsletter that focuses on a particular subject area, each of interest to our broader readership. We will begin rolling these out soon and have the full complement in rotation in September. Here is the lineup:
• Monday: JobZone covers people moves, account moves, features and insight on career development in marketing plus our classified job listings
• Tuesday: the launch of PR Filter creates the only weekly newsletter covering Canada’s public relations and marketing communications industry
• Wednesday: the launch of Media Filter creates a unique insider take on media, publishing and advertising
• Friday: What We Learned This Week delivers the best stories of the week from Marketing