Topline: FreshGigs.ca Gets Personal with Job Satisfaction Survey
March 11, 2013 | Alicia Androich | Comments
Are you getting paid enough? Have you dated a co-worker? Do you like your boss? These personal topics are usually reserved for chats with friends at the bar, but a new survey from FreshGigs.ca dishes the dirt on how professionals in the marketing, communications and design fields feel about their jobs.
From compensation (“Do you get paid for overtime?”) to workplace habits (“How many hours a day do you surf the web at work?”) to lifestyle (“If you go to the gym, how many days a week do you go?”), the 19-question survey plumbs what’s going on it the lives, wallets and even the coffee mugs of Canadians in the industry.
Survey by: FreshGigs.ca, a website for jobs in the marketing, communications and creative fields
Methodology: More than 5,000 Canadians in the marketing, advertising, communications and design fields were surveyed in Feb. 2013.
Key findings (see more below):
• 55% of of respondents said they didn’t feel they were being paid fairly at their current job
• 78% said they don’t get paid for overtime
• 44% said they are happy with their current job and another 17% said they were “definitely” happy
• While 20% said they had never dated a co-worker, 29% said they would consider doing so
• 51% said they like the people they work with; 44% said they are just “OK”
• 67% said they look for work even if they’re happy with their current job
• 3% of respondents admitted to taking credit for a colleague’s work
FreshGigs.ca’s study findings can be found here.