Marketing reveals its 30 Under 30
August 29, 2012 | Comments
The industry’s best, brightest and youngest stars met in Toronto Wednesday night to celebrate Marketing‘s 30 Under 30.
The list of 2012′s smartest marketing minds under the age of 30 was revealed at a gala reception at CityLine Studios (and can now be seen in-full at the 30 Under 30 website).
The 30 Under 30 includes young professionals from every area of the industry, and was created after a long vetting process between industry judges and Marketing staff.
“I’m impressed by the number of nominees who have taken risks so early in their careers to start their own business or work for a start-up company,” said Ari Aronson, founder, Ari Agency Inc, referring to the 10 listers who include the word “founder” on their business cards.
“The web and social media have opened the door for this generation to take an idea and run with it, with little startup cost—creating more entrepreneurial minds than this country has ever seen before. The future looks very bright,” Aronson said.
Also revealed Wednesday was the cover of the 30 Under 30 issue of Marketing, which features Yael Cohen, the Vancouver-based CEO of Fuck Cancer (pictured).
Cohen and her 29 peers were chosen from a list of more than 250 nominees submitted early this year. Aronson, along with Shelley Middlebrook, VP, integrated advertising at Postmedia, and Franke Rodriguez, president and Anomaly Toronto, judged each nominee to assess their accomplishments and contributions to the industry.
30 Under 30
• Alkarim Nasser, BNotions
• Brad Canario, Campbell Company of Canada
• Christopher Walton, Media Experts
• Dave Hale, Soshal Group
• Dave Wilkin, Redwood Strategic
• Devon Brooks, Blo Dry
• Eric Alper, Sid Lee
• Erin Bury, BetaKit
• Jennier Kaiser, Media Profile
• Jennifer Dunn, Mediative
• Josh Singer, Kognitive Marketing
• Kirsten Walkom, Maverick Public Relations
• Kunal Gupta, Polar Mobile
• Kyle Lamb, John St.
• Liberty Lee, Citizen Optimum
• Lindsay Cook, Joe Fresh/Loblaw Companies Ltd.
• Marla Natoli, Torstar Digital
• Marta Tryshak, WithLoveGabrielle.com
• Megan Siegel, Top Drawer Creative
• Melissa Orozco, Yulu PR
• Melissa Smich, Tribal DDB
• Pirouz Nilforoush, NetShelter
• Reid Campbell, VMG Cinematic
• Rhiannon MacDonnell, University of Alberta
• Ryan Bannon, Playground Inc.
• Talia Cohen, Cowie and Fox, TACN Studio
• Trevor Byrne, Taxi Toronto
• Tyler Calder, Search Engine People
• Tyler Turnbull, Proximity Canada
• Yael Cohen, Fuck Cancer
Profiles of each member of the 30 Under 30 are available online. For expanded profiles and extra content, pick up the Sept 10. issue of Marketing.